Thursday, June 26, 2008

A New Beginning ... Again

So I'm blogging... again. I guess I haven't felt the need as much when I have lived in Virginia Beach. Here I have an list of friends to call at all hours to dish about whatever.

Soon, while I am in Kentuckiana, I will still have those friends, but somehow the distance will make me a little more forlorn, a little more dramatic and a lot more likely to occupy my time musing into the nothing-ness.

I am calling this adventures in Step-Monstering. At this moment, I feel that the biggest change in my life when we move will be Noah. How to entertain Noah, how to love Noah, how not to kill Noah. (As some of you know, I don't have the most patience ever with children.)

A great example of how this new lens has colored my life...

I went shopping for a bathing suit this week. I "get" to go to a water park next week. So Heather Lee and I are evaluating various suits: cute suits, fat hiding suits, sexy suits. Which one did I pick?
The one that I felt would least embarrass my ten year old stepson. I mean, I shouldn't run around with the girls hanging out, I'm a mom of a pre-adolescent for Bob's Sake.

And thus it begins. It may not be all bad. Afterall, God ordained this situation, He will give me the grace to survive it.

But there's no guarantee what I'll look like on the other side.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow-kentucky??a ten year old?? girl--where have I been? when do you go?
Im glad you have this--Ill be checking in.

Heather said...

Step-monstering? Hmmm... So, is Ryan getting a link?

Take Me Back to VA said...

Only having a baby Ginger, nothing important. LOL

We will probably be gone around the end of July.

And no Mz. Lee, I am not advertising my online diary! =)