Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easy as 1, 2, 3...

Last night I made a pot roast. As I was cooking it, I was watching some food network shows that I dont normally watch and i happened upon a recipe for popovers that changed my life.

I have always wanted to try popovers. But they kinda look complicated and fussy and you gotta print the recipe and have the time etc...

Then the chick on TV says... "its 2 eggs, 2tsp of melted butter, 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of flour"
blend and your done.
How hard is that? So I made some...

Now my thought is, why do we not reduce everything in life to simple forms? Other recipes id seen called for these odd quantities and special instructions... If thats really all it took, 2+2+1+1 well anyone should be able to make popovers... and a bet more people would try.

No comments: