Monday, April 19, 2010

Admiral Nelson

My cat is named after a horse. George Washington's white horse. The one in all the paintings.
While one name is often as good as another and being named after a horse has no bearing on my kitty, I often laugh at the choice.
Because my cat is not a cat. At least, I dont think he learned to be a cat. He is a cat that grew up with prairie dogs.

Nelson likes to talk - prairie dogs are very vocal
Nelson sits on his hind legs and surveys the land - essence of prairie dog
Nelson likes to play fight and will chase his own tail if left unattended - have you every watched p.d. cubs play?

In fact there are very few cat like things that Nelson does do.

Nelson drinks tomato juice.
He likes to roll in the dirt. And then not clean himself.
Nelson chews on shoes.
He likes to go for walks.

People get a cat because they want a cat who does cat like things.
It figures I would get a cat who doesnt even know how to do that...

No comments: