Saturday, November 1, 2008

No Wing and a Prayer

I have been invited to a party. Nothing terribly exciting. Its a Tastefully Simple party hosted by one of the Pharmacists. Shes about my age and when to college near Indianapolis. That qualifies as having lived in an actual city. And she has a horse. And shes single. And catholic but in a postmodern were all Gods children fashion. So thats quasi-Christian I suppose.
So far I like her. More than most people I have met around here.

Ryan has decided it would be good for me to go this party. "If I like her, maybe I will like her friends." <--- Translates, Maybe he wont have to be my only friend.

But that leaves me going to a party solo. I hate going to a party solo. You should always at least have a wing man. I am a firm believer in creating your own sub-party.

Laura and went to this murder-mystery dinner thing with our community theater and spent all night flirting outlandishly with this handsome 40 something gentleman, and had a fabulous evening with people who were all friends with each other and barely knew us. But it was one of the best parties I have ever been to because we created our own event.

So alas, I am going, telling myself I can be fabulous by myself. With my bottle of Yellow Tail. And a little hope in my heart.

2 comments:

Sara said...

You ARE the sub-party! Just make jokes that only you get and laugh to yourself. that's what I do :)

Laura2sing said...

That guy was hot. And fun. And a much better spades player than I was. And my character ended up being a witch. Overall a fantastic night. And there wasn't even alcohol.

But no way am I a wing man for a Tastefully Simple Party. I can't work that room. There are better people for that!