Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Problem With People...

Okay so I have said before that I dont like people. That is a generalization.
I like individuals, but I dont like people. Kinda like how I am racist but I have black friends...long story.
Anyways, my job is not helping this "I hate people" mentality I have.
So heres the thing:
I have a problem with government subsidized programs. Because people dont seem to get off them. <---Aside
And mainly I have a problem with people who come into my pharmacy and want to not get a prescription because they have to pay for it.

Conversation:
Me: I have NINE prescriptions for you Mrs. Jones and that will be $6.00.
Mrs. Jones: I dont pay for my prescriptions.
Me: Medicare doesnt cover this ONE.
Mrs. Jones: I dont want it then.
Me: Do you want to know what it is?
Mrs. Jones: Is it my Lortab?
Me: No
Mrs. Jones: Then I dont want it.

Never mind that it was a cough syrup for her kid. Or worse an antibotic plus steroid cause the kids bronchitis is worse.

SIX DOLLARS!!
My copay for my migraine pills is SIXTY!
Much less the fact that they are getting nine scripts for a measley six bucks.
OMG!
If I have never before wanted to physically hurt a stranger, I now know why people kill other people.
That I work, now at a menial, retail, practically minimum wage job, so that my tax dollars can pay for these people to sit on there obese or cracked out rears (because it seems to me that people who abuse the medicare system also abuse food and or drugs) so they can not even pay less than they do for fast food to not get medicine for their CHILDREN but have free XANAX...
And then they have the nerve to get huffy with me when they dont pay attention to how many refills they have or whether or not their prescription is expired or just the fact that they actually had to wait for the sweet old lady in front of them who has to pay $197.87 a month for her Crestor to finish writing her check.
Sometimes, I would not mind stabbing them with my pen, just to watch them bleed.
This I understand is far from anything like a Christian attitude. Maybe if I had XANAX I wouldnt be so hateful. LOL

1 comment:

AmyB said...

Wow, I didn't know those people really existed. I'd want to stab her too, or maybe grab her throat or something and start shaking :-) Can't wait to see you when you come!