Saturday, September 13, 2008

Well I Never...

Would have thought...
I just read this this morning. It APPEARS that Ray Boltz came out of the closet. You know that man that wrote "Thank You For Giving To the Lord" and my personal favorite "Watch the Lamb" <--- I cry like a baby every single time. Well I read this theology blog and they were talking about it and I went online other places and it was even already on Wikipedia.
This happened YESTERDAY people. I havent even gotten to read the article myself, am supposing because there is such heavy traffic because I cant even get the paper to load. One of the commenters on the blog says the content is questionable. Well duh, its a gay and lesbian newspaper's website. They are not known for having subtle websites are they? <-- blanket generalization statement yes I know.
But this makes me sad, oh so sad. This man, who wrote these sweet loves songs to Jesus. Well I guess none of us are beyond sin, but still. I dont think it would have occured to me. That he got a divorce, sad yes that causes a media scandal but in this day in age not a huge one. But this, and that he is purporting that "God made Him this way", well I dont think anyone would read the essay I could write on the theological crap that is if I posted it here. My blood boils at Christian superstars spouting bad theology and making us all look like idiots.

Regardless, I'm shocked, oy I dont even want to think about my mother, she owns all his cd's, millions of people are going to be hurt and confused by this and not to mention the man himself. So if your called to pray for the nation, not that we all aren't but you know what I mean, your gonna wanna write this one down in the log book.

Sorry to be so quiet and then come out with this... its been a looong week at work and I just havent had the mental capacity.