Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dress for Success...

So on my Google homepage today there is this WikiHow:

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Glamorous-1940s-Femme-Fatale

Before I go on, let me say, I love WikiHow. I love the idea of a daily how to improve or change your life. I love the idea of a small step by step guide on how to be new or different. I love Wikipedia.

I do not love the idea of people actually trying to dress like its the 194os everyday.

Dont get me wrong. If theres a thing, I will be the first one to donn the duds. Ask around. This chica does not need an excuse for a get up.

But this particular how to lists a couple of must haves that I simply cannot support.

Number one: Ditch your jeans. - And do the house work in what? Your skivvys?? This is not Stepford.
Number two: Donn a marlin spike. - Unless it is October 31, i dont think so.
Number three: Wrap yourself in fur - I say, if you are going the Golden Corral, you can leave the fur coat at home.

I guess my point is this, I am all about women looking feminine. I am trying to add more dresses to my wardrobe rotation. Looking pretty makes you feel good about yourself and towards the world.
If you want to adopt some of the more classic looks from the 40s (black eye liner, red lipstick, dark hair, chic clothes) I am all about it.

I just have to tell you Wiki, if you were a chick and I saw you in Evansville in an evening gown at the local walmart. I would have to mock and jeer.

No comments: