Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blogging for the Guilt of it

I havent blogged in awhile. I feel that my life is mindless. Part of that is true. Part of it is sharing every space with Ryan or his mom and sister doesnt leave you much time to ponder the universe and comment as usual. In that vein, I miss sitting at my desk at Hotel and Club. All the time in the world to think and comment. Oh well.

Yesterday was a gem of a day. We had a floating pharmacist. (Ryan asked about the anchoring. Sometimes I wonder about him, he puns as bad as my stepdad.) Anyway. This new pharmacist (hes not quite 30) cage fights in his free time. Even now I fail to say this with a straight face. And all the other girls in the pharmacy just thought he was the bee knees. Kept asking him how you get to be a cage fighter and telling him how he looked like The Rock (I thought 'more like A rock'). And I just stood there and shook my head and as the fauned and doted. And he thought he was everyones friend. Ordered pizza for us all (bbq chicken barf... i ate my ham sandwich) with his per diem and actually said to someone on the phone (well I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night so they let me be a pharmacist today). I almost actually said, "Its Holiday Inn EXPRESS jackass, if your gonna make the bad joke atleast get the punchline right.'
I think what really made me mad was I walked in and they were all bad mouthing the regular pharmacist, who I will admit is a big jerk, but in an expects you to know how to do your job without having to be told kinda way. And the new kid was just soaking it all in and saying "well if I ruled the world" type things.
Who does this? I mean honestly? People. They aggravate me.

Oh, and we spent several hours last night watching cable news shows to hear someone make a lame duck joke and no one did. Ryan actually yelled at the TV. It was hysterical.
"Lame Duck President dodges a shoe and no one can say 'Well that was a lame duck!'"
Bless his heart.

No comments: