Friday, December 19, 2008

Subculture

I like movies. I think ive even blogged about this before. In fact Im sure of it. But it occurs to me yet again that I judge other people based on this one certain subculture.
Episode: I have a new friend on Myspace. Hes not a new friend exactly, but we are newly friends on Myspace. And when reading the things he likes column, I browse the music section, laughing out loud that the first on the list is Tool. Nothing against it, I enjoy Tool, the are one of the few metal bands on my Ipod, I just didnt know they were on the top of anyones list anymore.
I digress.
Anyway, I get to the movie section and see that he has The Boondock Saints listed. Now this is not a character trait. This does not make him a good person, it does not make him smarter, more reliable, more honest etc. But for some reason, my estimation of this person increases. We can have music in common, books, TV shows, whatever, but love the same stupid pop cult flick as I do and you are instantly more likely to stick to my social circle.
I find this subculture loyalty highly amusing.

No comments: