Monday, December 29, 2008

Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs*

Dont you just love it when someone agrees with you? I bought this book at B&N yesterday and so far I am in love. Its a series of rants, a manifesto in essay if you will about pop culture. And the first sentiment from the page is how he will never be able to make any woman happy and this all the fault of John Cusack.

Well not John Cusack so much as Lloyd Dobbler and dont act like you are not secretly in love with "Say Anything". I hate John Cusack, and I still have the little melty thing every time that stupid song is heard. But hes right.

I have been reading Twilight and thinking how unsatisfying any real relationship must be in compairison to the one every young woman is in with Edward Cullen. I mean, he's immortal, so he has that whole Groundhog Day self improvment thing with the piano composition and the knowledge of all things musical and literary not to mention physical speed and agility. When you add an obsessive, comsumptive, possessive, passionate, I've never wanted anyone like you in the last 300 years... Hell, I am a grown woman who doesnt give myself to romantic daydreams of the perfect person often and i find it hard not to have my expectations shifted even slightly. And there are people who read this romance crap on a regular!?

What must it be like to dream of the perfect man for years? Or have a man and sneak off to a pretend one all the time? Real guys dont have a chance. Even with Woody Allen on their side.

2 comments:

Lars Shalom said...

sorry whats the book calleD????


http://dadoichzlig.blogspot.com/

Take Me Back to VA said...

That is the name of the book. Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs