Thursday, July 10, 2008

Admiring the Arts

I am 99% sure we are going to this tomorrow. If any of you want to "run into us", Mindy. Not that its too late to pull a stunt like that or anything.

Don't you love the effects of postmodernism in our society. Is art or a consumer good? If you say its not art, you are closed minded. HA HA HA! I say its crap. But were going to make our own T-Shirts! (Ryan has a slight T-shirt fetish)

Transformed

Friday, July 11, 7pm
Contemporary Art Center of Virginia
2200 Parks Ave., Virginia Beach
Limited to 250 guests
$5 per ticket for cover; cash bar

Experience your own transformation at this art opening featuring Elm & Oak (Exclusive Limited Merchandise & One of a Kinds) and DJ Greg Again. There will be a graffiti art installation and you can create your own T-shirts with custom screen-printing at the event. Dance ‘till the music stops and enjoy light catering. Adults 18 and older only, please.

Transformed is a group exhibition of two dimensional, sculptural, installation, and video works that address the unrestrained potential of familiar, domestic, and mass-produced goods as they transcend their everyday roles in our lives.

1 comment:

Heather said...

A) I like that I'm Fabulous -- it is a lifelong dream fulfilled.

B) Do I lose my fabulous rating by not going to the graffiti thing that I told you about anymore?

C) I also like that now that YOU are blogging, you suddenly feel obligated to read and comment on my blog. Nice.