Thursday, July 17, 2008

PARADIGM...Not to be confused with a pachyderm

Anybody else think that care group last night was a little weird?
I mean it has never been any particular dream of mine to hijack specific sections of time to have people all focus on me. (Unless of course I have a great story.) But last night, I was not in command of the attention and it was unnerving.

And I guess the crazy part is that God hijacked the meeting, all to remind me what a proud little sinner I am. How insane! I didn't expect, didn't seek prayer, it hadn't even occurred to me that I might need it. I was oblivious. We believe the Lord will go to great lengths to maintain His children, sure. When its is manipulating circumstance in a random way to fulfill a need. I dont think any of us would think twice.

But when you are off, in your own little kingdom, licking your wounds and telling yourself how well you are bearing your cross considering the circumstances and He takes over the prayers and issues forth the scriptures of those around you to say, "You spoilt little child, why dont you stop crying in your mudpie and come eat at the table all the good things I've made for you."

WOW.

He pursued me. Not just followed me but chased me, caught me up out of my circumstantial view and shook me. And to what end? So that I would be less of a sinner, sure. But so that I could go forth with Joy.

Please God, don't ever leave me to my own paradigm.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

amen! glad God caught you the other night--praying for you tina!