Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Do You Zoo?



We went to the zoo yesterday. Do you like the zoo? I don't like the zoo. It's hot and the animals are always asleep and it's expensive and a lot of walking for nothing. But the Cincinnati Zoo...


I loved this zoo. I'm not sure if it was the fact that it rained all morning so it was 80 degrees all day. Or the fact that the around the park train was really noisy so when it went by it caused all the animals to perk up. (So you got to see them move at least) or the fact that the park itself is a botanical garden so the entire thing is landscaped gorgeously. We saw lots of monkeys, (we even saw one poop in his hand and eat it), we saw wolves up pretty close, we went into a bird house where you could get a cup of nectar to fee the birds. Now this was probably the most amusing part of the day. We didnt get the nectar, I mean I asked Noah if he wanted to but I think he was a little scared. (Noah is a big kid and he's nine, but he's afraid of a lot. Dogs, the dark, being alone, asserting himself etc.) We go into this bird house and there are several different kinds of birds going every which way but because there are several kids who have nectar cups and not a lot of bird eating the nectar, the keeper reached up and shook the tree where the all were AND THERE WAS A GREAT WHOOSHING.


Oh my, that face. You would have thought the bombs were falling. Perhaps I'm cruel but it was funny. Anyway, we hung out there for a little while and one bird decided to eat the string on Ryans sweatshirt and we got to pet it and it crawled around on me and Ryan. So I think Noah made his peace a little with aviary kind.

As we left, I told Ryan perhaps we should get a lorikeet.




Well today is the waterpark. Gee, fun.





On a positive note. Ryan's friend Chad plays in a weekly volleyball game and has invited us to play. It's an answer to prayer. Well, a prayer I hadn't spoken out loud even because I have wanted to be able to do something a little more active with Ryan had had just asked him a few days ago if we could look for a volleyball team to join. Since Chad already plays and he knows some of the other people, he was eager to play I think.
So thanks Lord for meeting my needs before I ask.

No comments: