Thursday, July 10, 2008

Spinach Juice


So I am just so upset about this I have to put it on here. I bought some juice a couple days ago. I bought this juice.
Now if you look at the bottle it would lead you to believe that its apple-kiwi juice would it not? I mean, thats what the picture says.

So I buy it and I drink it and it tastes...funny. So I start reading the label and this is what it says:

"Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness starts with incredibly nutritious things like wheat grass, spirulina, spinach - even blue-green algae." that came from the website. The ingredients also say broccoli and garlic.
Look at the bottle again. Now read spinach, broccoli and garlic.
I'm not even going to get into the algae right now.
Then the go on to say they make all that stuff taste good by masking it with the flavors of apple and kiwi. Well they dont say mask of course, thats my word.
So I am telling Laura (the most health aware person I know intimately) about this and she laughs and says, "I support you consuming seaweed." To which I say, "As a health conscious person or as a sadist?"
"As a sadist," she says, "I have no idea of the health benefits of seaweed."

With friends like that.

No comments: