Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Movie Madness...

Are you into movies? I am probably more than the average bear. Not all movies mind you, they have to have history, sub-culture, subversion, an awesome director or just be wack enough that most people wouldn't go see it and then I will probably be wholly devoted. Examples this month's blockbusters:

I am going to see Mama Mia this Saturday with the Fabulous Heather Lee and some friends of hers from USAA where I used to work. I have my silk 70's style dress and am seriously considering the purchase of one pair of white patent leather platform boots to go with.

This is not the madness... this is just normal movie going for me and HL. (And as a matter of fact, if any of you would like to come, 70's garb or not, you should join the love! Let me know!)

I am psyched about going to see Hellboy. I like comic book movies. I have enjoyed watching Del Toro progress as a director and to watch things through his eyes is really neat. Hes twisted, like Tim Burton, but in a beautifully artsy way, not just dark and well dark. He had good character development in the first one which is more than you can say for some of the Marvel films. But none the less I am drawn to the comic book and even graphic novel genre and sub-cult.

As a young person, I collected Marvel comics and cards and can tell you names stats and favorite foods of my favorite super heroes... this is a little more like madness.

But the worst of all by far is Batman. Not that I am "into" Batman, but I will kudos Christian Bale. The Machinist was awesome. As Batman I like him better than Michael Keaton. Some will call that blasphemy, but being the first does not, in fact, make you the best. I am excited to see Ms. Gyllenhaal finally get some recognition. But as far as caring about loyalty to storyline, or the fact that they switched girlfriends, (Maggie can act better than Katie anyway) or truthiness of mythology, I could careless.
I am and will go to see Batman at IMAX for the Harry Potter trailer.

And that ladies and gentleworms, makes me truly mad.

No comments: